Adjustable DC Power Supply （FAQ）
Click: 2709 Date: 17/1/2017 4:52:31 AM
Question 1: what does it mean temperature control
1. Temperature control means the fan of cooling fan control by temperature
2. When the internal temperature is high and fan will start rotation, after temperature drop and it will stop working
3. The internal cooling duct is right into left out
4. Please Keep the power supply should be maintained around the convection air flow during operating
Question 2: how to define the input cable
1. Red – Wire cable
2. Blue – Nero cable
3. Green /yellow- group cable
Question 3: How to avoid damage to the equipment voltage overshoot
1. Adjust the "V.Adj" potentiometer to minimum first; for insurance purposes, should be the first "A-Adj" pre potentiometer to minimum also
2. Please switch off when you connect the load
If the output voltage value preset to 20% or less, you should check the power overshoot voltage exceeds the allowable range or not in firstly
A. Before connecting load with the adjustable dc power supply , or pre-adjusted output voltage, or to "V-ADJ " and "A-ADJ" pre-all to minimum, the boot process is repeated several times to check whether the RANGE of the output voltage overshoot
B. When the confirmation overshoot voltage does not exceed the maximum allowable range then It can Connected load and boot
C. After confirm the start-up and stable then adjust to the refer voltage value you need
Question 4> Does all specification of the adjustable dc power supply with the same dimension ?
1. No , different specification with different dimension and different case
2. 1000W 240*68*210 3.5k
3. 2000W 253*68*268 4.5kg
4. 3000-4000W 300*78*370 8.5kg
5. 5000W-10KW 255*176*540 16.5kg
6. For more bigger power , the dimension and weight will base on the output voltage and current
Question 5. When the adjustable will work in constant current and constant voltage
1. Constant current --- When CC indicator ON mean the power supply working under constant current and the current must be the max output and can be adjust but voltage can not adjustable
2. Constant Voltage ---the voltage with max output and can be adjust but the current can not adjust
Question 6. Does the DC Power Supply support wide range input ?
1. No. our dc power supply design did not support wide range input
2. It is support input voltage as below
Single phase 110VAC+/-15%，Single phase 110VAC+/-20%，
Single phase 220VAC+/-15%，Single phase 220VAC+/-20%，
3 phase 380VAC+/-15%，3 phase 380VAC+/-20%
3 phase 415VAC+/-15%，3 phase 415VAC+/-20%
3 phase 450VAC+/-15%，3 phase 450VAC+/-20%
Question 7. Will the adjustable power supply input voltage and price have any relationship ?
2. Output power ≤4000W, we recommend use single phase voltage for input. If the adjustable dc power supply less then 4000w but request 3 phase voltage for input , the price should be add 60.00USD Per unit
3. Output power ≥4000W, we recommend use 3 phase voltage for input. If the adjustable dc power supply less then 4000w but request Single phase voltage for input , the price should be add 60.00USD Per unit
4. No matter how much power output of adjustable dc power supply , if request input voltage for 110VAC , the price should be add 60.00USD Per unit
Question 8. Does the external remote control port can design with DB9 Port ?
2. The external remote control port , we have DB9 Port and Terminal connection for option
Question 9. For the external remote control Signal can control the output voltage only ?
2. Base on the request of user , our external remote control Signal can control the current and voltage in separate or simultaneously
3. We offer the 0-5vdc or 0-10vdc remote control Signal in usually
4. Other remote control Signal can be customize according to the customer request
Question 10. What is difference between internal and external control signal?
1. The internal control signals is connected internal potentiometer with corresponding voltage and current signals in main board to adjust and control the output
2. The external control signal is supplied by two external 0-5V analog signal corresponding to the main board voltage and current signals to adjust and control the output
Question 11. How to connection for the remote control terminal/ DB9 Port?
1. External (0 ~ 5) V analog voltage regulating signal, which common terminal and the negative output terminal is in communication with the interior
2. Use should pay attention to "common ground" of interference and potential matching problems, you should use isolated floating of (0 ~ 5) V analog voltage signal driving source.
Question 12. Does the adjustable power supply has fuse protection inside?
2. When Input current too higher the fuse will blowout but it is not affect the protection for output of over current
Question 13. Can we make all output settings by hand-operated?
2. There is a potentiometer, we can through the potentiometer knob to adjust the current and voltage.
Question 14: Can we make Negative output?
2. We can make negative output. Such as -30VDC. It is has the same appearance to 30VDC ,while just make the power wiring connecting reversed
Question 15:What fileds does the adjustable power supply mainly used?
1. It is widely used in electric power dc screen system, engineering control, communication, scientific research, battery, agriculture and other equipment.
Question 16：What kind of power supply modules does the adjustable power supply consist of ?
1. Transformer, rectifier module, filter and regulator circuit.
2. With transformer to make power grid voltage transformer, the rectifier circuit is used with unidirectional conductivity of rectifying element to make alternate sinusoidal ac voltage ripple voltage of the rectifier become single direction. Filter is used as much as possible filter out the ripple component of unidirectional voltage ripple, get a more smooth dc voltage.The regulating circuit is to take some measures to make the output dc voltage remained stable in power grid voltage or load current changes.
Question17：Can you customize the double channel output or the multi channels output?
1. For now, we Yucoo can only make the double output, and the unit price will be 150USD more than the same model that come put with one channel, and size will be also different.
2. Please come to the sales ask for more information.
Question18：Can you make the power supply with stable output?
Question19： Can you add PFC function?
The Yucoo power supply comes with the FC function.
Question20：Can I changed the larger capacity transformer to improve the capacity of the power supply when I found the model I had bought is too small to start my load?
2. For example, you had YK-AD1280 with 12vdc 80a dc power supply, but you need 15VDC 80A finally. Firstly, we suggest you buy the transformer from Yucoo, and you have to make sure that your engineer can make this well, if not, the original power supply may damaged. And one more ware notice, please do tell your whole application to the sales before you make order, make sure the model is ok for you.
Question 21: what is the main problem when start up the dc power supply and CC Indicator ON >
The following situations may lead to a cross-flow, etc. CC panel light up
1. When start up the dc power supply and did not connect with load , the CC indicator ON
2. The current potentiometer had adjust to the minimum
3. The machine broke down
4. The potentiometer cable loose
5. Circuit Fault
Question 22: If the end user CITY Power is 240VAC+/-15% but our power supply design is 220VAC+/-15%, does it still can working well ?
1. In usually , it still can working well
2. As our power supply support work at 240-250VAC all the time
3. But if the power more than 240-250VAC and running all the time , the power supply will be broken soon
4. The solution is add over or lower voltage protect function on the input of power supply
For example, Mode YK-AD2430 0-24vdc 0-30a adjustable DC Power Supply use to charge 2V Lead acid battery. But when the voltage set at 2VDC , The CC indicator ON , when we want to adjust the voltage up , it can not work any more and without display . What is the main problem and how to solve it?
We can do following .
1. Connect with your battery and set at 2.5V output, then adjust the current to the current you need to charge
2. Then Check whether it is ok
Self check of the Adjustable DC Battery charger as following
1. TURN OFF The power supply
2. Use Wire cable and connect "+"& "-" together , and make short-circuited
3. Adjust the voltage to the min and current to the max
4. Turn on the power
5. Adjust the voltage in slowly , check the current can get the max output 30A or not ?
6. If yes, mean the power supply in good condition and you should be check what is the actually voltage need to charge for your battery
Question 24: Does the power supply will be test in full load before shipping ?
2. The statement about all of our adjustable dc power supply have all been full load and 50% load were aging before shipping for 2-8 hours
3. If the power more than 3000w, the ageing time will be more longer , about 12-15hours
Question 25: Does Positive and negative output can switch in auto or manual? If yes, what is the Switching interval time ? is it control by a switch or by time relay ?
1. It is control by time relay in auto
2. The buyer should be confirm to us before purchase for how long you want to switch
3. For example, if you want to switch Positive and negative output 1s. then we can set it before factory
Question 26：Does the power supply can make EU power plug?
2. We can customize different type plug according to your request.
Question 27：Can do the adjustable power supply with high voltage but small current ?
2. We can customize the voltage specification according to customer’s request.
3. For example: 0~700V, the output current can be 0~3A.
4. Otherwise, If the current is too big, very low voltage is also OK.
Question 28：What is the working principle of Adjustable power supply?
1. Adjustable power supply is a kind of electronic equipment that to make grid electricity turn into a special form of high voltage power supply
Question 29：Can add external control voltage to control the analog input voltage?
2. We often add 0~5V,0~10V external voltage to control the analog input voltage
Question30: Our adjustable power supply is a switching mode or a linear mode?
1. Switching mode
Question31: How to check the power supply works well or not?
1. Step1: Empty the load - connect the power - to see the voltage can be regulator from 0 to the maximum voltage or not;
2. Step2: If the result of Step 1 test is that it is yes, and that we continue to step 3, if the result of step 1 is not possible to determine the power supply is broken;
3. Step3: Connect the power artificially shorted - off shorting the output, and the current potentiometer to spin to a minimum, and then turn up the boot, to see if there are any change of the current ammeter;
4. Step4: connected to the load, take a look at the current is not able to adjust from 0 to maximum current, if not, that power is broken, if you can, you can determine the power supply is not the problem, check the load whether it is appropriate to use for the power supply
Question32：Why the power supply will be trip even we connect the load or no load?
1. It may be because the internal chassis rectifier bridge has been broken.
2. First test input file ends with OHM multimeter, if there are no short circuit, short circuit if all we can conclude that the rectifier bridge has been broken, the device needs to be returned to the manufacturer to replace the good bridge rectifier.
Question33： Can we connect the power supply in reverse polarity?
2. Please inform the sales before you make order, and the unit price will be 60$ more, for add one inversed diode.
Question34: Can you make the input voltage as 70/80hz?
Question35：Does the power supply comes with CE?
2. All of the Yucoo power supply are customized under different client request, it is really different for it to pass CE.
Question: Is it ok to make UK or EUR Plug or others for the power supply, such as ?
Answer: Yes, we can production any plug according to your request
Make it in TERMINAL OUTPUT type and Power plug with cable are available
Question: What does the meter shows?
On the picture it shows 4 digits display l output, can you show 1.111A and 1.111V?
1. There have 2 meter , one is for output voltage another for output current
2. For example model YK-AD15010
3. The output voltage show only 1-150v, current 1.0-9.9A
4. Some special design can customized base buyer request
Question: Can it make 19inch rack mount type
2. we can make standalone type or 19inch rack mount type according customer request
Question: Can it make other specification voltage and current output?
Regards the adjustable switching mode power supply
We can customize different kind of specification according to your request. Such as
1. 0-1500V variable or appointed
2. 0-2000A variable or appointed
Question: What is your model definition for adjustable dc power supply
Model YK-AD XXXYYY
AD—AC to DC
XXX: max output voltage: 3 digits or 2 digits, Unit: V
YYY: max output current: 3 digits or 2 digits, Unit: A
Question: What is a variable power supply?
1. A variable power supply also called a adjustable dc bench power supply, is one where you can continuously adjust the output voltage and current to you requirements.
2. In another word, it is 100% constant current and constant voltage, you can adjust to any voltage or current as your require
Copyright © 2016Yucoo Network Equipment Co., Ltd All right reserved 粤ICP: 05116374